24 September 2007

how i gots my name - ed

henry helton tagged us for this meme--thanks, henry!

(Sir) Edmund Percival Hillary: i was one of six little kitties born to a slick black kittymama (i don't remember her people-given name, but i have always thought of her as "food/smell/good/warm"). my kittydaddy was probably the fluffy grey travelin' man that used to hang around with her. when kittymama was round as a punkin an' we were ready to make our way into the world, nice beans (a man and lady my mom worked with) let her come in the house so we could be born safely. they found nice homes for us. they gave us names for while we lived there, and i was called "piglet"; i had a sibling called "cow" who was marked like me but had short furs instead of long.

the day i was born was my (bean) mom's birthday, so i was very tickled to go home wif her. she waited a long eight weeks before taking me to my furefurr home, so i musta been worth waitin' for! there were lotsa big grown-up kitties at my new home, an' i was scared 'cause i was still furry little. to stay as far away from them as i could, i allus climbed up to the highest place i could get, which lotsa times was mom's head. she figgered that like the brave bean mountain climber, i climbed "'cause it was there," an' that's how i gots my name an' came to live here.

peeyes: sometimes i has what the ofurr kitties call delusions, an' think an' act like a knight in armour, like the kind that's called "sir". i don't consider them delusions; i prefer to think i'm channelling a brave an' chivalrous bean of olden times. mom's allus readin' that kind of story, an' has friends who dress up like lords an' ladies, so chivalry has allus been part of my world. the ofurr kitties tease, but mom thinks that it is nice to be a little politer an' gallant sometimes (although it was lots of fun being a pirate for a while)!

13 comments:

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

You can be knighted if you want to, but I should warn you, once a king, always a king, but once a knight is enough.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Awesome! We think maybe yoo gave some secret lessons to Speedy cuz he tries to be chivalrus to us and dat is a grate way to be fur a mancat.

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful that you had a dream and you went for it--to climb to the top of your human's head... .an awe inspiring goal I think particularly as a youngster.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Edmund, I enjoy learning how you acquired your name! :) It is a great name and suits you. I think being a "sir" is a fine thing! Being chivalrous is a very good thing.

The Meezers or Billy said...

awsome! our mommy is always reading those kinds of stories too and sometimes calls us Sir Sammy and Sir Miles. I want a suit of armour. - Miles

Jimmy Joe said...

That is a great story, Sir Edmund. I don't have any titles.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Shohom67 said...

It's good to be polite to your bean!

ASTOR CATS said...

A might climber should have a mighty name - Sir Edmund. Climb every mountain till you find your dream. Oh, you already founded your dream - your furever home. Great story.

Midnite & Stray Kitty

Skeezix the Cat said...

I knew most of the story of how yoo got yer name, but I liked heering it agin with new deetales!

Unknown said...

I loved Meow Like a Pirate Day. It was great fun.

Thanks for doing the meme, I liked hearing how you got your name.

Mickey's Musings said...

It's always fun to learn how our fellow kitties get our names. Your story was good!

Anonymous said...

Being chivalrous is a very good thing, and one of the many things I admire about you. I like all of your names...except Piglet. That one's no good.
purrrs!
Midnight

Parker said...

Chivalry is a great trait. That was a great story!