27 September 2007

how i gots my name - xingxing

henry helton tagged us for this meme - thanks, henry!

Xing Lu Pierce: one cold febuary day, My Daddy an' My Grandaddy were driving in the big red machine to take some tree arms to the place where the city of springfield lets beans leave wood an' leafs. out in the wild somewhere where there were no houses, only open spaces wif fences, they saw something blue at the edge of the road. when they got closer, they saw it was a zip-up bag that cold drinks rest in, an' it looked furry new. so My Daddy stopped an' grabbed the handle an' swung it up into the big box on the back of the machine where the sticks were. he thought maybe it would be good to take along on the trips where he goes to visit fishes.

after they pulled out alla sticks from the box at the wood an' leaf place, he thought maybe he oughta see why the bag seemed a little heavy. so he unzipped it, an' out popped my little head! he unzipped some more, an' i leaped into his arms an' hid my head unner his arm. i was furry scared an' he hugged me tight (which i like) an' 'tected me. My Daddy is my hero!! i don't 'member how i got where he found me, an' i don't 'member much before that time. it seems i has been here always.

when he got back to town, i met My Mommy. she an' My Daddy were big fans of a story called firefly on the living room picture box . so she named me xing lu, which somebody told her means "fortunate jade" in chinese bean language. i was certainly furry fortunate, an' my eyes is as green as the pretty stone called jade.

i love My Mommy and My Daddy, an' ofurr beans, too--all ofurr beans. even the woofies. but oh, gosh, i wish those boycats would stay on the desert island where we went on the pirate cruise! My Mommy thinks i maybe nefur saw ofurr cats before i came to them, only beans an' woofies who were nice. could be, but you can't prove it by me! ;-)

9 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Xing Lu, your name is very pretty, and now that I know what it means, I can say it suits you! You were fortunate indeed. :) I am glad you were rescued and found a wonderful Forever Home. :)

Anonymous said...

You were indeed very fortunate to have been found by someone who was so wonderful. I think the name suits you.

ASTOR CATS said...

Thank goodness your dad unzipped that bag. We can understand why he is your hero! What a great guy!

Midnite & Stray Kitty

Daisy said...

Xing, what a wonderful story about how you got to be in your Forever home. I like your name!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

You are furry lucky cat. Could have gotten runned over that way.

Mickey's Musings said...

Wow! I can't believe someone would leave a pretty cat like you by the road.Good thing your Dad came along.You are a lucky cat and have a pretty name too ;)

Ramses said...

Pretty name and I like the story too! :)

Hot(M)BC said...

Wow Xing! You did luck out that your Daddy and Grandaddy came along just in time. And you're very purrty too.
Purrrrrrrrs,
your bud Pepi

Anonymous said...

yay fur yur daddy! we're so glad he finded you an yur name is purrfect fur you too.