25 September 2007

how i gots my name - nitro

henry helton tagged us for this meme - thanks, henry!

Nitro S Pierce: when the beanboy's girlfriend's mom found me by the gas station dumpster one cold november day, i nefurr dreamed i would end up in such a nice place like i am now. i din't even know what a "nice place" was. it was rainy an' i was pretty wretched, so i din't kick or bite when she picked me up. she thought i would be a nice friend for her woofie, but it didn't turn out that way! he hated me on sight, an' the feelin' was mutual!!

so she gave me to the beangirl (who lived with the beanboy). they each had a kitty, an' i was pretty feisty an' the ofurr kitties was furry cowardy. finally, the youngbeans couldn't take the constant ruckus of me beatin' up on the kitties anymore, so i came to live with mom and dad. not all the kitties here are wild about me either, 'cause they just can't keep up with me!!! but mom an' dad didn't give up on me, an' i am home furefurr now!! i am daddy's special boy!

the boy & girl had been calling me "little red", but mom allowed as how that just wasn't a fit name for a kitty who had as much purrrsonality as i do. so dad named me for his (orangey-red) "Nitro" bass boat, which has a lotta zip an' pep like me. it smells of yummy fishes, but he won't efurr take me along to meet them in purrrson!

mom gave me my middle initial, "S-with-no-period-just-like-harry-truman", an' she says in my case, it stands for "stubborn". i prefer to think of myself as dedicated to a cause. usually, the cause is getting into something i shouldn't, but that comes wif my firey personality. i knows no fear, not even the jaws of the cocoa-woof!

an' i tack on the "pierce" part myownself, 'cause i'm glad i'm part of the fambly! (besides, the name sounds unbalanced wifout a last name!)

. . . . xingxing's name story will happen on thursday, after a brief interruption for Wordless Wednesday!

10 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Nitro, I enjoyed learning how you acquired your name. Your name certainly suits you! I am glad you were rescued and found a wonderful Forever Home. :)

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, that's cool. and here we thought you was named after Nitro from American Gladiator!! you story is much more interesting than that though.

Anonymous said...

It's so cool learning all about how you got your names!

ASTOR CATS said...

We enjoyed reading about how you gotted you name. We don't get to on our mom's boat either but we do feed the fishies in our canal. We think someday they could be dinner if mom gets better at fishin'. What mom, oh! she says she believes in catch & release.

Midnite & Stray Kitty

Anonymous said...

Yup. Your name suits you purrfectly! Not even afraid of the jaws of the Cocoa-woof? Wow!

Mickey's Musings said...

That is a cool story. I like it!

Mr. Hendrix said...

great story! i like all the unique ways we kitties got our names. i hope you don't mind, i'm going to use your line "dedicated to a cause" next time my beans call me "stubborn" i like that.

Mr. Hendrix said...

PS i'm awfully glad you were found and taken to such a wonderful home as you have now

Unknown said...

You have such a cool name. So very powerful.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Dat name has a lot of power in it. Mom sez dat it is explosive! Fits yoo furry well...Nitro