21 October 2006

ripped from the arms of morpheus . . .

and tossed ignominiously into a Prisoner Transport Unit! that's how my day began.

i was snoozin' peacefully in my chair across from the toasty-warm wood stove, nestled in my cozy new micro-fill mini-comforter. mom got two them of yesterday, so we now has one each (except for xing, who doesn't sleep in the living room anyway). *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

*zzzz---SNORK! wha'? wh. . .NYOOOOOOO!!!!!!* i was unceremoniously dumped into the PTU with scarcely any time to express my outrage. off we went in the big red machine to . . . you guessed it--the vet. by now i was mute with wrath, and said not a meow all the way there.

well, my left ear has been itchin' me something awful, and while i let mom & dad knuckle the dickens outta it, i won't let them put a q-tip or the snout of the medicine bottle in it. in fact, teeth and claws figure into the equation when they try, so they don't try furry often any more. last night, i finally scratched the backside of my ear all bloody, and they said "something must be done." they certainly didn't consult with me about what that "something" might be! hence, the trip to the vet.

there are three lady vets in practice together at angel animal hospital, but dr. shelley harders would be my pick if i'da had one. miraculously, that's how it worked out. my wrath cooled at last; i knew she wouldn't hurt me. we knows her of old, since she worked for the first vet, dr. snow, who owned the hospital. when he retired, she and two other ladies took over.

she checked me out in general (i seem to be in good shape for a 16-bean-year-old kitty), and she was furry patient as she q-tipped the gunk out & checked for mites (score: nels 1, mites 0). then she sloshed in some cleaner liquid and soaked and q-tipped it out again. she put medicine in, and gave some more of it to mom to use on me later (much luck to her on that!). dad sez if it works good on me, he's gonna try it--he has perpetually itchy ears, too, and the poor guy just can't get those hind feet up to scratch satisfactorily!

by this time, i was so completely seduced by her charms (and dad's iron grip) that i let her cut my shivs--front AND back!! ahhhhh. what a lady!

then they packed me back in the PTU, and off we went home. dad passed 'round treats with a liberal hand and told me what an excellent kitty-boy i was, and mom promised some mighty good 'nip a little later. it was awful exciting--got my geezer-cat blood racing so that my nose turned fluorescent pink--but now i'm just gonna go back to my cozy spot and nap until i smell that 'nip!

cheers, nels

10 comments:

Millie said...

Wow! What a day YOU have had. I'd be napping too. Sure do hope you get a good dose of 'nip to make up for it.

Anonymous said...

hopes youse feels better real quick nels! i hate the vet, so matter hows pretty deys might be!

luffs, hank

The Meezers or Billy said...

we is glad that you has such nice v-e-t-s. I fink that most of us hate the going to the v-e-t, but that we actually has nice v-e-t-s that take good care of us. we has to protest, it's the feline way!
Nels, we hopes that your ear itchies goes away real soon!

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Sounds like quite a venture. Momma always says it is for our own good, so I suppose......hope your ear is better.

Patches

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, and you guys can come visit anytime! We loves companies.

Patches

Anonymous said...

nooooooo! I'm still scratchin' unner my neck an there's a bloody spot there an the neosporin stuff duzzn't help an the Lady wuz talkin' bout the vet an cuttin' my back claws that i use fur the scratchin' an now she's readin' this an noddin' her head an goin' "uh-huh, that's what we gotta do to him" an now i gotta go hide sumwares
Cocoa

The Tower Hill Mob said...

Ear itchies are horrid. We refer you to Zeus' blog for a gritty, real assessment of the ear stuff inflicted upon us.
Asleep in the arms of Morpheus? Mum says it's nice to know anothe English major...

Tommy and Teaghan said...

You had an 'acitin day after all! That was a furry nice story the way you tolds it. Then for the bestest part you gots nip at the end. Nuffin better than a treat after a stressful day at the v.e.t.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so brave. Hope the ear stop itching soon.

Mr. Hendrix said...

ooo what an awful way to wake up. no fair not giving you time to hide. i hope your ear is ok soon, i've got bad ears now so i know how stinky it is.